About The Heart Centre
The HeArt Centre is a local voluntary run non-profit community project started in 2003. Over time it has grown to become an education & arts centre serving a diverse and vibrant community. The HeArt Centre aims to provide a stimulating environment to educate, bring people of different cultures & faiths together and to be a place of fun, learning and exchange for all. It has created a place of peaceful retreat from the stresses of daily life. Through its range of extensive activities the centre hopes to address & alleviate the needs and concerns of all who visit and participate.
We all share an element of social responsibility and The HeArt Centre has worked tirelessly to improve conditions in a largely deprived area of Birmingham. Many of our events & initiatives are free to access for all.
We run on a solely voluntary basis and rely completely on the generosity and charity of others.
Your kind donation will help keep The HeArt Centre going.
Please support The HeArt Centre & donate financially or help us by volunteering and be part of a friendly & rewarding community.
Banking Details for you to make a donation directly:
The HeArt Centre
Sort code: 60–22– 47
Account number: 66114837
We look forward to you visiting:
The HeArt Centre
73-75 Shawhill Road
The HeArt Centre is a voluntary community project working for you and promotes Islamic Arts & Education, Spiritual Reflection, Prayer and Worship.
Some of our events & initiatives:
- Communal Dhikr / Meditation and Reflection every Thursday 7.30pm
- Monthly ‘Ladies Only’ Dhikr Circles
- Madrassah run by the Creative Muslim School of Learning (CMSL) every Saturday and Sunday for children and young people aged 4-17 years
- Congregational prayers
- Academy for Young Nasheed Artists
- Social events for families and the wider community
- Women’s arts and educational initiatives
- Inter-faith events to promote harmony & understanding
- Community campaign to provide soup kitchen for the homeless
- Study groups for all ages
The HeArt Centre is maintained by the registered charity AAR Foundation which was founded by world renowned nasheed artists Aashiq Al Rasul